Thursday, November 02, 2006

John Legend

I feel so inspired listening to John Legend's new album “Once Again”. The song "Again" brings out so many emotions in me, I am happy, I am sad, I am loved, I am crying, just crazy. The lyrics of his songs are so simple yet so compelling. I love the piano playing on all the songs; make me wish I didn’t quit my piano lessons. This is such a great album. I have read a few reviews comparing this album to his last “Get Lifted”. These are two absolutely different albums. I like that this new albums show what else he can do. He did not just go back to the formula that worked so well for him on the first album.

It will be rubbish to rate the songs on this album.

It has been a long time since I listened to an entire album and didn’t skip a song. Well, not since “Get Lifted” actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about that, I find the void that I'm supposedly missing in RnB in Neo-soul.
I listened to the album today at Indigo...I loved it, I was singing it in my head hours after!
If you crave good music, go listen to KEM..you could never go wrong!!

zeyi said...

Thanks! I Like KEM too. I actually have tix to go see John Legend when he comes down here on Nov. 28th. I can't wait!